Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Divingbrit Divingbrit is offline

Default Only one small drainage hole in a planter: "obstruct" with stones etc., or no?

On Wed, 4 May 2016 05:35:41 -0700 (PDT), David
wrote:

But, given that there is only one small hole, about the size of a 50 pence coin,

I would say that's a fair size hole, I use a square of garden
fleece , a very small roll would supply you for years, lets the water
drain away, (I hear older gardeners used to use an old net curtain,
fleece is just easier and cheaper)