Old 06-05-2016, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hils[_2_] Hils[_2_] is offline

Default Flower Identity

On 05/05/16 18:42, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 5 May 2016 13:30:08 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2zhyn3wcc...owers.jpg?dl=0

Just appeared in neighbour's lawn.

Anyone please?

Like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_filiformis

+1

AKA Speedwell. A common lawn weed (and elsewhere), at least it is in
my garden. (My lawn is _very_ common!)
http://tinyurl.com/zpf8jhn and http://tinyurl.com/h6avqnc

I'm lumbered with selfheal for some reason. Never been able to get rid
of it.

I introduced selfheal to one of my lawns. It's beautiful, as are the
cowslips and ragged-robin (also introduced by me) and the dandelion,
cat's ear, speedwell, lady's smock and clover which were all there when
I got here. Every year is different, which I like. This year the
cowslips are more scattered and there's somewhat more clover. Last year
the ragged-robin was more to the fore. A few years ago I introduced
yellow rattle, but this has since disappeared. If I can find another
local source of seed (the original source is no more) I may reintroduce
it. I'm hoping for a goodly spread of selfheal later in the summer. :-)