Old 09-05-2016, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Planting a 16ft Leylandi - HELP

On 5/8/2016 3:45 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Sun, 8 May 2016 13:46:17 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

If he can prove economic harm he has resource in the courts. If he
can't, he's welcome to move.

Or he can wait some time after you plant it and give it a few small
doses of defoliant until it wilts and dies.

I had to do that. Neighbor is a hoarder, so she won't even remove
trash trees that sprout from seed along the property line. One of them
got quite large over the years as we kept politely requesting she take
it down, and she kept prevaricating. After two instances of damage to
my property caused by limbs coming down from the tree, I treated the
tree with brushkiller. She eventually noticed it was dying, and
finally had it taken down.

I rented a bucket lift a few years ago and trimmed another one of her
trees that was overhanging my house since she refused to spend money
to get the tree trimmed. I hacked off everything hanging over my
property line. She then asked if I'd trim the very large and extremely
dangerous branch hanging completely over her house. She's too cheap to
have it professionally done, and it is far too dangerous for me to
take on, so I refused. If it comes down in a storm, it will destroy
the house and kill anyone inside - but to her, that's less frightening
than writing a check to have it removed.