Old 10-05-2016, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Planting a 16ft Leylandi - HELP

On 5/9/2016 9:52 PM, Bob F wrote:

Our state "EPA" came and had a long talk with an old neighbor once after he
sprayed a shrub next to his yard. They actually tested the shrub for chemicals
before going to the offender. In this state anyway, such actions are very
illegal.

I'm truly surprised that your state's EPA had the staff and the time
to send someone out for such a picayune problem. When I worked in the
business, a coworker and I separately notified our state's EPA about
our company violating the law by obtaining and selling a banned
pesticide. The owner was promoting the stuff for off-label use, too.
We even had farmers buying it for their food crops, which was a huge
no-no. The EPA told us they didn't have the staff or budget to
investigate everything reported to them, so they only focused on
large-scale offenders, and thus elected to not follow up on our reports.