Old 13-05-2016, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JIP[_4_] JIP[_4_] is offline

Default Screening plant

Hi

I'm looking for ideas please for a plant to grow up against some
trellising that will give cover all year round.

In the Midlands.

The rear garden is south facing, and there is a gate in one corner at
the end. I have built a free standing trellis in front of the gate to
take the eye away from it.

I want to put something that will cover the trellis and hide the gate
all year round - but with a variety of colour, and perhaps some
flowering in the winter. That plant would be on the north face of the
trellis.

There is quite a lot of shade, but some sun at times during the day (on
the odd occasion that it shines!!).

Ideas gratefully accepted.

JP