Old 14-05-2016, 12:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default the morel of the story

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 12:48:48 PM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
was out doing some weeding and came across these
in one of the front gardens.

http://www.anthive.com/fun/p5130005_Morels.jpg

several years ago my brother gave us a few morels
that he'd picked and told us when we rinsed them
off to take the water and throw it in the yard where
we wanted them to grow.

to do this one better i took the water and threw
it in several locations.

as of yet, two have had morels pop up, but with
all the other wood chips and mulches we've had
delivered the spores could have also easily come in
that ways.

songbird

I planted a morel bed a few weeks ago, using a kit I got from Amazon. I tried planting one several years ago but nothing ever came up. Hopefully, this one will grow.

I also inoculated some oak logs with mushroom spawn plugs. Those are on a shelf in the basement and I water them every morning.

The problem with mushroom gardening is that they grow underground or inside wood, so you don't know if there's really anything growing there or not. Potatoes grow underground, but at least they send up leaves to let you know they're still alive.

Paul