Old 14-05-2016, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Screening plant

In article ,
says...

Hi

I'm looking for ideas please for a plant to grow up against some
trellising that will give cover all year round.

In the Midlands.

The rear garden is south facing, and there is a gate in one corner at
the end. I have built a free standing trellis in front of the gate to
take the eye away from it.

I want to put something that will cover the trellis and hide the gate
all year round - but with a variety of colour, and perhaps some
flowering in the winter. That plant would be on the north face of the
trellis.

There is quite a lot of shade, but some sun at times during the day (on
the odd occasion that it shines!!).

Ideas gratefully accepted.

Large variegated ivy? (no significant flowers but evergreen colour)

Janet.