Old 14-05-2016, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Miles Frank Miles is offline

Default Best kind of drip line?

My spool of drip line is now all used up. For that inevitable clogged-
line replacement, I'll be needing to get more. I've used four kinds
of drip line so far {all 1/4" diameter}:
* an impermeable line with manually installed emitters (RainDrip - these
seemed to clog fairly quickly, and AFAIK are no longer sold);
* soaker hose - uniformly permeable line. These are cheap but fall apart
relatively quickly, and emit more near the water-source end than the
distal end if the length is much over 6' or so;
* "laser drilled" line {clogs fairly quickly, probably worse than the
RainDrip}; and
* impermeable line with preinstalled emitters, e.g. Agrifim Dura-Flo line.
This last has seemed to hold up the best, if not perfectly.

I've never tried the "drip tape" line. Has anyone tried this, and can
compare with any of the types above? Especially over multiple years of
use...

THANKS!