Old 19-05-2016, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default reseeding lawns

On 19/05/2016 07:15, Mark wrote:
I live in Blaine - Washington state. Weather here is prety much like
Devon. I joined this group awhile back and apprecitate all the information
I've read.
A question though - my lawn here is terrible and I'm hoping someone can
give some information on how to improve it. Like Devon (I lived there for
a few years) the lawn is subjected to periods of drought during the summer
- but lot's of rain the rest of the year.

Are you sure that Washington/US lawns use the same varieties of grass
as the ones available in UK? Differences are why US lawn care is so
different from UK.

http://lawngrass.com/states/washington.html

"Recommended Grass For Washington Lawns

Kentucky Bluegrass, Bentgrass and Fine Fescues are commonly found
throughout Washington. Turf-Type perennial Rye grasses are also commonly
used as a component of a mixture. Sometimes perennial ryegrass is used
as a stand alone lawn grass in western portions of Washington. All of
these grasses have good performance records throughout the state.".

Unless you know what kind of grass you have (and it's a kind grown in
UK lawns) it's unlikely any UK advice will help.

Janet.