Old 20-05-2016, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default collecting melon seeds question

On 05/20/2016 01:19 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 5/20/2016 11:11 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I came across a store bought honey dew / cantaloupe cross that
was quite tasty. How would I process the seeds if I want
to try growing one or two? They are sitting inside the melon
in water and not sprouting, so I was wondering?

Wonder if the seeds would give me the same melon too.

Many thanks,
-T

Interesting. The store called it a "orange meat melon".
I am wondering is Honeylope or Canadew would be a better
name. On second thought, that second candidate might be
considered rude in some circles. :-D

You could always try it, it might come out something terrible or
something good.

I've done a few of those things and mostly they come out as something
terrible. What the heck, go for it.

Do I dry them out or something first?