Old 22-05-2016, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT(ish) - shop bought tomatoes and germinating seeds

On 22/05/16 21:36, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/05/2016 19:31, Jeff Layman wrote:
Depends on whether or not it was a stable F1 hybrid as to what you got
/if/ they germinated.

If you mean what I think you mean - an F1 hybrid is by definition not
stable. F1 is a first generation cross.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=710

Andy

I must have had F1 on my mind for some reason! I was looking he
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid...pes_of_hybrids
and somehow I added the F1 to the "Stable hybrid" explanation.

--

Jeff