Old 24-05-2016, 01:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Rose leaf size varies

jack.magic wrote:
Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

As my roses begin blooming in the new season, I wonder, as every year,
why such a wide range of leaf sizes. They range from over 3" in width to
less than 1". OK, they are different varieties, but why such a spread?
We are trained to look first for an evolutionary advantage conferred by
Trait "x", but I couldn't find info to scratch my curiosity itch. Am no
longer in touch with my sole rosarian friend, so wonder if any Hon.
Members have a clue.

what does this have to do with rose leaf sizes?

Rose leaf envy.