Old 28-05-2016, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Mulching downsides

Terry Coombs wrote:
It appears I have won an at least temporary reprieve from critters rooting
up my garden . Took a couple of potshots at a 'possum the other night (it
was trying to get into the garbage can) and while I'm not sure I hit it , it
hasn't been back since . I know for sure the 'coon I trapped night before
last won't be coming back ,she ended up on my neighbor's dinner table . I
re-set the trap last night , nothing , again tonight and we'll see .

they like sunflower seeds as bait in the trap, so
do possums and groundhogs.

we'd cleared out most of the chipmunks last year
and i'd not seen any of those around until the other
day when i saw one running out front and today i saw
one out front and in back.

the strawberries in one garden are starting to
get some red to them. these are the unwatered
and un noticed plants i put in to wander through
the alfalfa/trefoil patch. i'm going to have to
pick some soon.

the past few days we've had sprinklings of rain, we
could really use some. as usual it is going north and
south of us. we had a few drops today. might get some
more tonight...

g.l. and good news on getting the roof on.

we're in the middle of planting and getting things
weeded and ready. for me getting the north garden
weeded and planted (outside of the fences) was nice
- everything else is much easier (but not as much
fun).

cheers...

songbird