Old 28-05-2016, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Surplus Gypsum

Pavel314 wrote:
I needed five tablespoons of gypsum (calcium sulfate) for a mushroom spawn project so I went to the feed store. I couldn't find a small bag or box on the shelves, so I asked the clerk. She said that all they had was a 50-pound bag for $9.99. I figured that for only ten dollars, I'd buy the sack and use the excess somewhere.

keep a few lbs in a container in case you need it
in the future. otherwise, yep, spread it around,
calcium and sulfur are usually appreciated by plants.
if the topsoil has been grazed and animals removed
then it probably wouldn't hurt at all.

songbird