Old 02-06-2016, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Big Les Wade Big Les Wade is offline

Default Glyphosate again

Latest from Commission he
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release...16-2011_en.htm

For those unaccustomed to Eurospeak, it says:
"We think glyphosate is harmless and we'd like to renew its EU-wide
marketing licence immediately. However, some member states' governments
are blocking that renewal in order to pander to environmentalist groups
in their own countries. Mind you, even if we did renew the EU marketing
licence they'd be perfectly free to ban or restrict glyphosate use in
their own countries, but they'd rather we banned it, so that they can
then say "Look, it wasn't us that banned it, we're just obeying the
faceless bureaucrats at the Commission". So in order to try and buy off
these obstinate Dutch *******s, we are suggesting that the marketing
licence is renewed, but with a recommendation that POE-tallowamine is
banned as a co-formulant, and that the use of glyphosate is minimised in
public parks, public playgrounds and gardens, and pre-harvest in
farming."

--
Les