Old 03-06-2016, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Glyphosate again

Jeff Layman wrote:

I am afraid we disagree on what is rational and democratic. Why not
50%, or 50% plus 1 vote? I don't see where the 55% comes from. and
"the proposal is supported by countries representing at least 65 %
of the total EU population" seems a typical EU fudge of trying to
satisfy the main countries which pay for it.

You can have hours of fun with the EU voting simulator ...

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/council-eu/voting-system/voting-calculator/