Old 06-06-2016, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
thescullster thescullster is offline

Default Bees in Loft

On 06/06/2016 08:17, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

Just wondering whether bees cause damage in a loft space.

Noticed a week of so back that there were a number hovering around the
corner of the eaves. Now there is a regular flight path developing.
My instinct is to leave alone, but I don't want to do this if there is a
likelihood of damage to the loft space.

Access to the loft is tight, so going up there and removing the bees
would not be an option.

Any thoughts/recommendations please?

Thanks

Phil

These are definitely not wasps and almost definitelt bumble bees not
honey bees.

Where does that leave me?

I guess either put up with them, enjoy their pollination assistance and
hope they don't do damage.

OR

Hit the access to their nest with wasp nest destroyer and hope it
resolves the problem.

I noticed at lunch time that they tend to hover in a group of six around
the entrance for a while before venturing into the eaves space.

Phil