Old 08-06-2016, 06:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Picking the garden

On 06/05/2016 06:11 AM, songbird wrote:
The dandelions will be the last and hardest to kill. I
hope I don't have to dig every last on up with my axe!

they're breaking up that soil for you.

Ha! I wanted to dig a hole and had a dandelion dead in the
middle of the target. So, I axes an eight inch square around
it about two inches deep. When I pulled up the piece, the
the root threaded though it like a needle.

So, I repeated about five more times at about an inch deep
at a time (that is all I could beat through). Each time
it just threaded through the hole.

I finally got the root out. The root didn't do a thing to the
soil around it. The whole experience was a bit amusing.

Oh yes, I found that swinging an axe actually helps my blood
sugar. (I am one of the 20% that exercise backfires on
T2 Diabetics.) So, the weeds now tremble in fear from me.
By the way, an axe is not a real effective way to remove
weeds, but it SURE is cathartic.