Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Picking the garden

T wrote:
I finally got the root out. The root didn't do a thing to the
soil around it. The whole experience was a bit amusing.

how did that hole get there? dandelion
might have drilled it for you, but once that
root is down there then worms will follow
the root and perhaps another plant will get
in there.

those tap roots are what i was talking about.

Oh yes, I found that swinging an axe actually helps my blood
sugar. (I am one of the 20% that exercise backfires on
T2 Diabetics.) So, the weeds now tremble in fear from me.
By the way, an axe is not a real effective way to remove
weeds, but it SURE is cathartic.

i did a few hundred deep knee bends today
picking strawberries. i'm sure i will
be feeling it tomorrow...

songbird