Old 10-06-2016, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Will a soaker hose attached to a 5 litre container have enoughpressure?

On 6/9/2016 5:02 PM, Helen Pearson wrote:
I need to be able to water my strawberries from outside the cage. The
cage is quite large, containing 12, 2.5mx1.5m beds.

I thought I could rig up a system for each bed using a loop of soaker
hose attached to a 5 litre container which can be filled from the
outside path. Will there be enough pressure to 'soak'?

If you hold the container up high enough you should get a bit of water
out at about 1psig. Would probably be easier to just use a sprinkler can
or a makeshift one. Good luck. How's the weather in the UK?

We're getting temps in the low nineties F recently here in SE Texas.
We're also getting enough rain not to have to run the soaker hoses.

George