Old 10-06-2016, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Liquid lug killer?

On 10/06/16 17:09, Phil L wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 10/06/16 08:50, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know if there is a reason for this being hard to get hold of
at present? I only use a small amount, a bottle usually last 5 years
or so so its been a while since I bought any.

If you mean Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer Concentrate 400ml I got
some only a few weeks ago, although I had to go to a few different
garden centres and shops before I found any.

Given that the B is so far away from the L on a qwerty, I think he meant
'liquid slug killer'.

I'm assuming almost all bug killer is liquid

I hadn't considered that! I had a look through the approved pesticides
list for metaldehyde at
https://secure.pesticides.gov.uk/garden/prodsearch.asp, but the only
liquid product is Scott's Slug Clear Liquid Concentrate. All the others
are pellets or bait. There is some on Amazon at
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clear-Liqui.../dp/B003P8TLSQ
but it's not exactly cheap!

--

Jeff