Old 11-06-2016, 09:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Picking the garden

On 06/09/2016 05:35 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
On 06/08/2016 05:54 PM, songbird wrote:
those tap roots are what i was talking about.

I was hoping purslane would accomplish the same thing.
parts of my yard are not glowing red, so maybe a bumper
crop?

hope so, any ground cover is better
than bare dirt if you're not using the space,
but if you can get something else going there
instead (buckwheat or winter rye are both
excellent) it's much better. also looks like
we have a good crop starting up of purselane
this season.

songbird

Thank you!

My wife is scared to death of buckwheat as thee is
a severe allergy in her family to it (but not her yet).

Is Winter Rye the same stuff that gives you diabetes,
such as what is used in Rye Bread, etc.? Is so, I'd
rather plant something I can eat. My purslane is
already giving me seeds, so maybe ...