Old 11-06-2016, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bees in Loft

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

If they are Bumble Bees, leave well alone as the nests are only annual,
the new queens will go off to hibernate before starting a new colony
next year and will cause absolutely zero damage. different life cycle to
honey bees altogether, nest are also small in size usually with only
hundreds of workers at most.

Many of those don't even produse workers and, as someone said, they
are incredibly docile. I often catch them in my bare hands when
they get stuck indoors, so that I can put them outside. Definitely
leave them! Even honey bees aren't a problem unless they are where
you need to disturb them. Nor are most wasps - it's ONLY the common
and German wasps that are serious nuisances.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.