Old 12-06-2016, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Our new garden.

On 12/06/16 17:13, BobHobden wrote:
Over the last couple of months we have been busy removing our old 3000 gal
Koi pond and filters and turning our garden back into a garden like most
people have.
I had no idea the concrete walls were so thick under the butyl rubber liner,
took a heavy sledge hammer to shift it. Builder did a good job of the walls
(London weathered yellow brick) and the new patio (sawn brown Indian
sandstone) . After laying the lawn on Thursday it's now virtually done
except it needs some more plants.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57667006183074

Regards
Bob Hobden

Looking good! Soldier bricks always look attractive, IMHO. Nice tree
fern, by the way.

Did you ever consider leaving the bottom third or so of the pond as a
water storage area? It could have been covered over with concrete beams,
then a waterproof membrane, and then 15 cm or so of soil, followed by
lawn grass as you have now. If the storage tank was fed from a
drainpipe, you would never be short of rainwater.

--

Jeff