Old 13-06-2016, 07:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Grass recommendation

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...
On 5/10/2016 2:00 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Need something I can grow from seed, with low maintenance & low water requirements. Most of the yard is shady or part shade. About 1/4 gets sun all day. Have sprinklers - no rain to speak of. Temp in summer is 50-60 night, 75-85 day.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I've been impressed with the Black Beauty I've been using to
fill in bare areas. It's a cross between grass from the Sahara
and Wisconsin (do not hold me to those exact locations, you get
the idea) and have a waxy feel and very deep roots. This makes
it drought tolerant and it says it does well in shade to part
shade.

Check it out.

nancy

Thanks Nancy! Looks good.