Old 13-06-2016, 02:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default High school reunion

On 6/13/2016 7:17 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
We drove over in a long two hour drive with thunderstorms dropping rain
on us. Came home with sunshine and, as soon as we turned into our
subdivision, the bottom fell out for about ten minutes. At least the
gardens go watered well and we had a good time.

sounds great George, i have not returned to any of my
HS events since i left, not that i hated all the people,
but it was a place i was glad to move on from when i
went off to college.

glad you got some rains, we're still very short on rain
here. none of the past few storms have actually made it
to us. i was hopeful the other night when there was what
looked to be a strong storm coming at us. went to sleep
with it about an hour away, expecting to wake up with
everything watered for a change. nope...

again today, storms to the north of us, but no rain in
the forecast. next chances wed-thu... we'll see... going
out to water soon. then pick strawberries. some friends
may come by and pick, but i may just do it for them so i
can water.

i think everything planted is doing ok so far, but i am
behind on further planting.

songbird

Reunions can be fun or boring. I've been to both.
My Catholic all boys high school has been holding an annual lunch for
the past few years for guys only. Fun but sad to see those in wheel
chairs etc. Wife went to my 25th many years ago and could not
understand why I did not remember a lot of these guys. Problem was,
e.g. that the skinny little guy with black hair was now a fat little
bald guy with a mustache. Wife never went to hers but when she saw a
picture of one said she could not place these people.

50th college, stunk, college was a PITA making major effort to get
donations for the college. I figure I spent today's equivalent, a
quarter mil to educate my three sons there and that was enough.
Class photo was a joke. They hired a professional photographer but only
gave us a 4X6 photo. HS for our little outing gives 8X11 with far less
people at lower cost.

Rains enough here on the east coast that I seldom have to water
anything. Wife says toilets look cleaner as aquifer is getting plenty
of replenishment. 1st tomato about 1 inch.