Old 13-06-2016, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default How do I control earwigs?

On 06/12/2016 04:20 AM, Frank wrote:
On 6/12/2016 3:15 AM, T wrote:
On 06/12/2016 12:14 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Went out after dark to look at my sprouting pots. I
got earwigs! And if I am not mistaken, they are munching
away on my children. I sprayed them with chrysanthemum.

How do I get rid of these pests!

Death to Earwigs; death to weeds,
-T

Needs to be an organic method

Before you call the Orkin man they tell you this:
http://www.orkin.com/other/earwigs/h...id-of-earwigs/

That just tells me earwigs like damp conditions. And, I need
damp for my sprouting cups.

I also noticed that one of my mature hollyhocks had all kinds of holes
in its leaves and wasn't doing too well. When I shined the flash
light on it, it was swarming with earwigs. I killed all I could find
with chrysanthemum spray. And that guy loves dry conditions.

I sprinkled a bit of garlic power on my sprouting cups to
see if that would help. No results in yet, but they sure
do smell nice.