Old 13-06-2016, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Our new garden.

"Spider" wrote

BobHobden wrote:
Over the last couple of months we have been busy removing our old 3000
gal Koi pond and filters and turning our garden back into a garden like
most people have.
I had no idea the concrete walls were so thick under the butyl rubber
liner, took a heavy sledge hammer to shift it. Builder did a good job of
the walls (London weathered yellow brick) and the new patio (sawn brown
Indian sandstone) . After laying the lawn on Thursday it's now virtually
done except it needs some more plants.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...57667006183074

That's a grand job, Bob! It looks very attractive and I just know you're
going to have fun filling the voids with new plants.
Which Clematis is that, please? It's a lovely shade of blue.

Thank you for that, we think it's worth the expense and hard work and will
certainly be easier to maintain than the old pond was. No more falling in on
a cold day too. Keep finding plants in our little greenhouse that now have a
home outside.
Regarding the Clematis I'll take a look tomorrow, it's too dark now and
pouring with rain to go chasing labels (if it's still there). There is
another on the other side that is similar and I got that from Charlie
Pridham's place.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.