Old 14-06-2016, 12:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default wind blew down some of my garlic

George Shirley wrote:
We grow more onion and garlic chives than the original plants. Harvested
a very large garlic a week or so ago, one of the giant ones. The stems
were delicious, the bulb was very mild and somewhat sweet.

i gave away 12 18oz jars of garlic relish and
every time Ma visits with one of the friends we
gave half of it to they keep saying how much they
like it. i like it too, but don't eat stuff to
put it on that often (it was great the other day
on a hot dog with saurkraut, onions and mustard)
it's also great in ranch dressing. very potent
though. if you are going to be around anyone
after eating it you'll probably want to brush
your teeth.

We generally are happy when new stuff comes out tasty.

yeah. we were really happy with the sweet
pickles we did last year. the last time we'd made
them would have been some 30-40 years ago.

George, the dawg is hounding me so it must be time to go to bed

*scritches dawgie*

songbird