Old 17-06-2016, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default No bees

On 11/06/2016 14:53, Jim_S wrote:
My hardy scented leaf cranesbill is usually alive with bees. I've not seen
a single one this year.

My garden has been buzzing with bees so far this year, but I do plant to
encourage bees from late winter onwards. We have masses of the
white-tailed bumble-bee, but rather fewer of the red-tailed. I must
watch out for plants which attract the latter and get planting. Of
course, we have other bumbles and less hairy bees, as well as
hoverflies, but the white- and red- tailed bumbles are what we're seeing
at the moment.

Living on the side of a hill, I'm bound to say that most of my garden is
not very sheltered, so that is not the attraction. Perhaps you need to
plant more bee-friendly plants so you have a continued feast for them.
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London