Old 17-06-2016, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default ~41cm powered rotary petrol mower?

Hi all,

We are on the lookout for a powered rotary mower with about a 41cm cut
and wondered if anyone had any particular recommendations and why
please.

We have been using a similar spec Qualcast (with a B&S engine) and the
'drive' control cable has (just) broken and we aren't sure how easy it
will be to get such spares (yet, as it only just happened after the
shops shut). [1]

Looking at some older posts here it seems Mountfield / Honda / Hayter
seem to be the names people recommend (especially for 'commercial'
levels of load) but I wondered if there was a particular make or model
that stood out above the rest?

Money is an object so a good second hand machine might be an option?

I think for us, one of the more important criteria (outside of ease of
use and efficiency etc) IS the ease of access to spares.

Oh, also something where the grass collection container is very easy
to get on and off. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] I will probably be able to repair it myself with a cycle /
motorcycle (Bowden) cable inner if we can't get the genuine part
easily or quickly.