Old 19-06-2016, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default First chomping

On 06/17/2016 06:30 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 6/17/2016 8:05 PM, T wrote:
On 06/17/2016 03:59 PM, George Shirley wrote:
Cooked our first mess of black crowder peas this afternoon. They weren't
as big as the ones my Dad used to grow but they were still pretty tasty.
The liquid from the cooked peas is sort of a dark brown and has the same
taste. To make it right I added some Crystal hot sauce to my serving and
the memories were there.

Wife picked another small bucket today of just ripened peas so I will be
watching TV and shucking those rascals soon. Will put them with the
other two cups of shucked peas I am holding in a sealed container in the
refrigerator and make a big mess of peas for some of the grands to try.
Probably over southern cornbread, ie. cornbread made only with cornmeal,
buttermilk, and spices, baked in a 450F oven for 20 minutes in an oiled
12 inch cast iron skillet. Probably add some chopped onions fresh from
the garden in with the peas and a little garlic to boot. I have to stop
here as I'm drooling on the keyboard. G

George

Oh man! My stuff is still in sprouting cups. :'(

Be careful with Cornmeal my Diabetic friend. It is toxic
to the both of us:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...d-pasta/5811/2

1 cup:
Glycemic Load: 88 (you shouldn't go over 10 a day)
Calories: 587 (should stay below 1600)
Carbs: 126 grams (you should stay below 60 per day)

I've actually never been hit with eating cornmeal. I was diagnosed in
the very early nineties and have been on insulin of one sort or another
since. I'm shooting 45 units of Lantus at noon nowadays and am doing
much better. I've learned to eat the high sugar stuff in small batches.
My cornbread has no sugar at all in it, it's southern cornbread, a
staple in the south, particularly when money is short. I can remember
when my Dad had been on strike for several months back in the late
forties that we ate cornbread and milk for breakfast, cornbread and
beans for dinner, and, if we were lucky I could get a raccoon, rabbit,
or a few squirrels for the pot. I still like all those foods but in
moderation nowadays.

At my age, I no longer fear death or even illness anymore. 42
micro-strokes, 4 major strokes, 2 heart attacks, 1 coronary bypass,
multiple stents, both carotids reamed out, etc., etc. I am going to eat
what I want to eat but in moderation now.

Hi George,

"42 micro-strokes, 4 major strokes, 2 heart attacks, 1 coronary bypass,
multiple stents, both carotids reamed out, etc., etc."

"My cornbread has no sugar at all in it"

You are scarring me. You are not counting sugar. You are counting
carbs (sugar is only one kind of carb). Your cornbread is WORSE
that eating a bowl of sugar on your system. Below your
chin, cornbread and table sugar are exactly the same thing to
your body, except that table sugar takes longer to be converted
to blood sugar (mind you, not much longer)

What you are doing to yourself is what is called the "Tsunami Effect".
This means you are flooding the ever living shit out of your system
with blood sugar (an organic solvent at those levels) , then
taking a poison (insulin, etc.) to bring it back down. I would be
extremely surprised if your "strokes, heart attacks, etc." are not
caused by these wild swings. All of this is widely documented
too, so it should be no surprise to anyone.

I just lost a dear T2 customer a few months back. He could not kick the
carbohydrate addition. His treatment route was pretty much
what you are doing. First he lost one foot. Then the other.
Then his kidneys. Started losing his vision. Lost feeling in
one arm. Two massive heart attacks. Dialysis. Second heart
attack killed him. I can still smell his scent when I go into
his office. It breaks my heart. He was a really, really dear
man. He committed suicide on the installment plan. An oh
the medical community got rich off of him (no self interest
there).

You are scaring me. Please don't commit suicide like my
customer. You are also a dear man. I can explain everything
you need to know to become drug free.

Thriving, not just surviving.
-T

p.s. There is not such thing as a "Healthy Carb". A bowl of
"brown" rice is also worse than a bowl of table sugar on
your system. "Healthy Carbs" is what got me. With what I
know now, I can't believe I ever believed that absolute
corrupt self interest manure.