Old 19-06-2016, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ermin Trude Ermin Trude is offline

Default ~41cm powered rotary petrol mower?

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 12:52:49 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 05:23:44 -0500, Ermin Trude
wrote:

It has a B&S engine if that makes any difference to your decision
making.

B&S or Honda would be prerequisites I think.

What are the panels thoughts re rear roller versus rear wheels please?
I can see how a roller might give a slight striping effect (probably not
heavy enough to do a proper job?) and could be good along narrow paths
(but you still have wheels on the front)?

It depends if you like to 'paint' your grass different coloured stripes

I found that my mower, without roller, did give a sort of striped effect
but it wasn't a priority for me. To get a real stripe you would really
need a cylinder mower with roller.

I never got bogged down but can see that a broad roller rather than
narrow wheels would help mitigate that risk - you'd just tilt it a little
to take the weight off the front wheels.