Old 19-06-2016, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default ~41cm powered rotary petrol mower?

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 07:11:15 -0500, Ermin Trude
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 12:52:49 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 05:23:44 -0500, Ermin Trude
wrote:

It has a B&S engine if that makes any difference to your decision
making.

B&S or Honda would be prerequisites I think.

What are the panels thoughts re rear roller versus rear wheels please?
I can see how a roller might give a slight striping effect (probably not
heavy enough to do a proper job?) and could be good along narrow paths
(but you still have wheels on the front)?

It depends if you like to 'paint' your grass different coloured stripes

Talking of painting but I wonder if you can (or will be able to) get
pre-striped artificial grass? I've seen some with dead / yellow bits
in so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't at some point!

I found that my mower, without roller, did give a sort of striped effect
but it wasn't a priority for me.

Nor me, but I remember getting stripes on my Mums lawn when I was a
kid.

To get a real stripe you would really
need a cylinder mower with roller.

I think that's what we had.

I never got bogged down but can see that a broad roller rather than
narrow wheels would help mitigate that risk - you'd just tilt it a little
to take the weight off the front wheels.

Understood.

Thanks for the feedback. ;-)

Cheers, T i m