Old 20-06-2016, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bees in Loft

"thescullster" wrote in message
Hi all

Just wondering whether bees cause damage in a loft space.

Noticed a week of so back that there were a number hovering around the
corner of the eaves. Now there is a regular flight path developing.
My instinct is to leave alone, but I don't want to do this if there is a
likelihood of damage to the loft space.

Access to the loft is tight, so going up there and removing the bees would
not be an option.

Any thoughts/recommendations please?

Thanks

Phil

I think they are tree bees, fairly new to UK. Had some last year under my
eaves, they were not a problem. Died off during the winter and have not
returned. The drones typically dance around the entrance hole. You don't
need to do anything about them. I'd be happy to have them again.