Old 21-06-2016, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bees in Loft

On 20/06/16 22:34, Christina Websell wrote:

I think they are tree bees, fairly new to UK. Had some last year under my
eaves, they were not a problem. Died off during the winter and have not
returned. The drones typically dance around the entrance hole. You don't
need to do anything about them. I'd be happy to have them again.

I hadn't heard of those, but funnily enough out in the garden this
afternoon I came across a number of bees hovering around a bird box,
with one or two going in and out. It seems bird boxes are a favourite
place for them to inhabit.

That was shortly after my wife had called me to look at a big beetle she
had found. I was over the moon - it was a large male stag beetle. That
was something I'd always hoped to see, but until today never had.

--

Jeff