Old 21-06-2016, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default ~41cm powered rotary petrol mower?

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 18:08:20 +0100, T i m wrote:

snip

I meant to phone Qualcast today but got sidetracked. ;-(

But since have.

If that can't help with genuine spares

£24.99 all inc for the two cables and £19.99 for the blade (that I
didn't think was that bad).

I'm sure I can fix it

And we did tonight. Replaced the broken (inner) cable with a generic
one from a cycle shop and used a std cycle cable clamp at the
dead-mans-handle end though a slightly enlarged hole. ;-)

but I was
looking to see what else might be out there that could be better for
the long term.

And even though we now know how it all comes to bits (and more
importantly, goes back together (with no parts missing or over)g) it
is all a bit of a 'faf' and obviously not designed for such things to
be easily replaced.

However, if it only happens once a year I guess it's not so bad. ;-)

Cheers, T i m