Old 22-06-2016, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Stink bugs

On 6/21/2016 9:16 PM, songbird wrote:
Frank wrote:
Too bad problems I have like crab grass or Japanese stilt grass have no
natural enemies.

shade.

songbird

Partial shade is not enough. I think it was you that helped me identify
it from my picture and area is mostly shade.

I had an area that shaded out grass near house so I planted ivy there.
Depending how hungry deer are in the winter they sometimes come right up
to the house and eat the ivy. In this case, they did and stilt grass
got in and now competes with the ivy.

Garden center tells me the only remedy is premerg and not just once a
year. Crabgrass is less of a problem because premerg works as do
herbicides. Only ones that might work on stilt grass kill everything else.