Old 24-06-2016, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rainwater Substitute

On 24/06/16 12:16, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Having just moved house, I have no immediate source of
rainwater for watering the orchids - apart from putting buckets
outside and hoping it will rain!

[It does not rain in Wales ]

I know that I should not use tap water, but what about bottled
water? Hopefully for only one or two waterings!

Thanks

I have very little experience other than with phalaenopsis. All I can
tell you is that for years I have been watering them with cooled water
from the hot water tap when rainwater wasn't available (which was fairly
often until a year ago). We are in an area of very hard water, and it
does not seem to have bothered them too much. I have one paphiopedilum,
and that similarly doesn't seem to mind too much.

--

Jeff