Old 24-06-2016, 02:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Needle Grass ID

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 7:14:33 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 6/21/2016 10:16 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
One of my pastures is being taken over by a type of grass that grows in clumps about a foot across.

The grass looks like a thin knitting needle, about two feet high with a
pointed tip.

There are frequently small seeds or something growing near the top of
the stem. The sheep won't eat it so I have to go out and mow it down to
keep it from taking over. I've googled around but can't identify it;
does anyone know what it is?

We live in Maryland, north of Baltimore and about three miles inland from
Chesapeake Bay. I think I used to see similar grass when I lived in Ohio, but I can't be sure, it was a long time ago.

Paul

Post a picture. Mentioned problem with Japanese stilt grass which deer
will not eat and probably sheep but that does not sound like it.

I tried to post a link to a picture several times but it didn't work. I think that what I have is sedge grass.