Old 25-06-2016, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default bees still alive

George Shirley wrote:
Damn Snag, you the man. I can honestly say I have never been stung by a
honey bee. Wasps, yes, bees no. One of my Dad's friends about sixty
years ago was a bee keeper and taught me how to handle them with a
smoker so we could get their honey. Brought back some good memories to
this old head. Now bumble bees living in the ground are another memory
and not so good, particularly when I drove the bulldozer over their
nest. Rascals hit me in my back so many times they knocked me out. If I
had known they were there I would have left them alone.

that would have been a nightmare! those suckers
hurt! i don't think i've ever been stung by a honey
bee here either, always either a hornet, wasp or
bumblebee and always my fault (except this last time
where she got me twice).

songbird