Old 26-06-2016, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] hairybreeks@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Whats that wild plant?

Thanks Stewart, that's bang on. I didn't spot it in my Wild Flowers book because the illustration was so poor.
R.

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 10:06:34 PM UTC+1, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
On 22/06/2016 11:51, wrote:
Hi
Seen on sand dunes in Rhosneigr but I can not not find it in my wild flower guide. Near some gardens so I suspect it may be a garden escape;
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
Any ideas?
TIA
R.

Sea milkwort. The botanical name is Glaux maritima or Lysimachia
maritima depending on which botanist to listen to. (Glaux - and
Anagallis - has been found to be nested in Lysimachia, but the floras
haven't caught up, and it's possible that in the end Lysimachia will be
dismembered rather than Glaux and Anagallis sunk.)

When not flowering it's harder to distinguish from sea sandwort
(Honckenya peploides).

--
SRH