Old 27-06-2016, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default First chomping

On 6/26/2016 9:09 PM, T wrote:
On 06/26/2016 04:34 AM, George Shirley wrote:
Once I hit 77.

Hell, I hit 28 mg/dl at the doctor's office once, never did figure out
how my blood sugar dropped that fast. Couple of table spoons of sugar
brought me back.

28 !!! You are lucky you did pass out! 28 is way past even
the "crabby" phase (under 70).

What do you mean they couldn't figure it out. It was because of
stupid drugs they had you on (insulin). The wild swings you get
with drugs and carbs will kill you, literally.

Plus I learned to cook at my Mom's, and my paternal
grandmother's feet. Can't remember when I wasn't cooking something,
still do most of the cooking here. My wife is a former Yankee and you
know they can't cook worth a hoot.

I have heard that about Yankee cooking before. Always be prepaired
if in such a situation with a bottle of hot sauce.

I am not much a fan of French food either. "Here kitty kitty.
Hmmm. The cat won't eat it. Lets cover it with cream sauce
and charge $350.00 for it. Oh and look, you can see three
quarters of the plate too!"

Try Cajun food, much better than French but a derivation. We lived in
Louisiana for 24 years and I lived ten miles from the Louisiana when I
was a young lad and most of my friends were Cajuns, having come to Texas
during WWII to work in the refineries and shipyards. I can make a good
gumbo with a few ingredients and then a nice pot of steamed brown rice.

I do like Italian food and am head over heal for Greek food.
English food is just gross: kidney pie, etc..

We used to pass through Greece on our around the world (literally) for
the five years we were overseas. Company gave us cash, we could both fly
around the world back then for about $800. We nearly always went through
either Greece or Thailand, both favorites. Good times but I don't get on
airplanes anymore.