Old 30-06-2016, 03:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default i forgot to say how the

George Shirley wrote:
I don't remember what type of worms you use. Earthworms, red wigglers,
etc. I tried red wigglers and they all died within a week, even though I
did everything the book said to do. I'm about ready to start another batch.

a mix of about six species. earthworms and
composting worms.

Never thought I would have to buy worms, everywhere we've lived, except
Saudi Arabia, the common earthworm was there. We just put our compost
between the garden rows and it was gone in a day or less.

no worm likes it much when it is very hot or
very cold. that is why raised beds are not always
a good move (not as much insulation factor the
thinner the beds the worse).

you may need pretty deep mulch to keep composting
worms going in a raised bed.

songbird