Old 30-06-2016, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen[_8_] Stephen[_8_] is offline

Default onions: first time growing, need advice

PS.

I forgot to ask, I found this morning that some of the leaves were
bent over and the stems broken. Should I wait and see if they recover
or just remove them and use them now?

Can I harvest them early to use or does the texture and flavour
develop later?

Could they have been bent by an animal visiting in the night? Do
dogs/cats/foxes sit or lie on onions; I would have thought the smell
would have deterred them? I am puzzled what has caused this.

Thanks again,
Stephen.