Old 30-06-2016, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default Knotweed

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 16:03:57 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:34:21 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

Has anybody ever had a problem with Japanese knotweed?

Mine is in full flower now. People keep telling me I should get it
removed but it looks so good!

Coming up through the patio or drive yet, is it? Or even through the
house walls? http://tinyurl.com/jfz59rm http://tinyurl.com/hpf3q5o

And be circumspect if you want to dispose of any of it. This, from
the RHS web site, http://tinyurl.com/j9y78qd

"On no account should any cut stems or roots be put into green waste
bins or domestic compost bins without being dried-off thoroughly in
the sun (and thus killed) for days or even weeks beforehand. The 1981
Wildlife and Countryside Act made it illegal to plant Japanese
knotweed in the wild or to allow it to grow by carelessly disposing of
unwanted cuttings or soil".

If nothing else, JK in your garden seriously devalues your house, and
even those of your neighbours. http://tinyurl.com/zwvy94k and
http://tinyurl.com/z9a2ftx

Knotweed paranoia devalued my house by £50,000 but I was buying not
selling.

I've read all the tales of horror about knotweed but mine is nowhere
near anything it could damage.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com