Old 01-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Jane 22 Jane 22 is offline
Registered User

Default laying turf on a stony slope

Hi

I'm new to this forum and need some help please!
We have recently rotivated an overgrown slope at the end of our garden and want to lay turf with the idea that it will keep the weeds at bay. However, it has lots of stones and chalk. We are raking off the surface stones but when we dig over there are lots more stones and chalk below the surface. Will it be alright to lay turf on such stony ground? We won't be walking on it as its a fairly steep slope.

Thanks everyone!