Old 02-07-2016, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default When to harvest shallots?

In article , T wrote:

On 06/28/2016 09:40 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

When is it time to harvest shallots? When the tops die?

-T

Anyone?

Sorry, I've not (successfully) grown them - tried the "shallots from
seed" foolishness (look, in the mirror - a fool) a few years back and
had disappointing "results" - need to pick the brains of the local farm
that manages to grow respectable ones - not, I think, from seed.

If the tops have died back, you might just as well pick/dig them, since
they won't be doing much growing and if they do, it will aimed at next
season...