Old 02-07-2016, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default When to harvest shallots?

Terry Coombs wrote:
I use a fork ... no , not the kind you eat with , a big 4 tine made of
cast metal . Loosens the soil so you can sift thru it to get the bulbs out .

i broke one of those here the first 5 minutes
i was trying to dig potatoes out of the clay.
we don't bother growing them any more (Ma hates
the bugs and we don't eat that many of them
anyways).

luckily most of the gardens i grow veggies in
have improved a great deal since those early years.

how's the addition going?

songbird