Old 03-07-2016, 01:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Deer and gardens

Are not a good mix . Went out last night to water , found the tops of many
of the field peas nibbled off . I bought an electric fence setup , but
haven't taken time to install it . Gotta get on that before they eat it all
.. I thought it was rabbits , but they don't crop the tops . I was hoping
they'd hold off until I pick the blackberries , they're kinda crowding the
tomato cages . Oh well , looks like I'll be losing some of those in the
interest of saving more important stuff . Not like the whole countryside
isn't covered with blackberry bushes , but these I've kinda kept cut back so
I can get at the fruit .
I'm also having a problem with probably armadillos , not sure how to
handle that short of a night or two without sleep ... I know they're digging
for worms and grubs , but they could find a better place to do so . Found
they've dug up a couple more pepper plants , a habanero and one other that I
don't know the type , I just call them hot red cones . I'm not sure if
they'll respond to the 'lectric fence or not . Gotta get the weedwacker
fixed first and cut down the vegetation where the fence will be . Tomorrow ,
today is "get the washer and dryer moved" day .

--
Snag